Community Councils represent the student leadership within the residence halls. There are roughly three residence halls in each community and two cabinet members. Community Councils meet on Thursdays at 5:30 in their own hall, or wherever the hall council decides to go for their meeting.
Meetings are times when Community Councils work together as a group to plan programs for the residents in their hall that are engaging, and have a positive impact on the residents in their hall. Programs can stem anywhere from ice cream socials to advocacy discussions. See below for leadership positions!
Northwest Community Council consists of:
- Corbett Hall
- Parmalee Hall
- Allison Hall
This community will meet from 5:30 PM – 0:00 on Thursdays.
The RLP Liaisons for this community are Cierra Wells and Ali Ambriz
If you are interested, ask your RA about getting involved or visit the RLP Office in the Durrell Center!
Any resident living in the halls has the chance to run for the Community Council Executive Board. These are leadership positions that look great on resumes and provide opportunities to advance skills and meet new people. Elections for these positions will take place late August/early September.
Executive Board Positions
- They manage over their community council, and talk with the other community council presidents about program ideas they should do for their hall.
- They facilitate all meetings, and help to make their community council the best on campus.
- They have first dibs on a Programming Board spot.
- They are eligible for a stipend. See here for more information
- They manage over the Aggie Points for their community council, which could lead to a community council receiving the Community Council Traveling Trophy if they win.